40kw Boiler in 3 Bed Bungalow

Sponsored Links
That's with a condensing boiler and a cylinder. If you have a combi your summer usage might be higher.

If your usage is somewhat similar, it's within normal range.

It's not two or three thousand pounds.

I suspect that the prices I first quoted were for combined energy and were generated by a couple of utility provider sites I was looking at.

That's with a condensing boiler and a cylinder. If you have a combi your summer usage might be higher.

So looking at my averages over the winter for cu.m, mine was typically between 10-14 per day on average for Dec-Feb and then around 2-3 during the Summer. No cylinder, just Combi.

Think it was around £680 for the units and £80 for the standing for Gas only. Is this not a lot? That's kinda where all of this came from, just felt expensive to me - if it's not then we're good.

I would say it is not too expensive at current rates. I live in a 3 bed bungalow and pay quite a bit more than that .Although it is not a small bungalow.
As suggested previously, your 70s bungalow will be a world away from modern heat efficient building standards.
TBH, you confused everyone with gratuitous info. The 12 month figures are the most useful.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. To be honest though, when I opened this thread - I had only been in here for a few months and didn't have the historic readings hence relying on NPower's estimate.

Thanks. To be honest though, when I opened this thread - I had only been in here for a few months and didn't have the historic readings hence relying on NPower's estimate.
Fair enough. and apologies for the word "gratuitous". i was on my phone and thought I typed "superfluous". spellcheck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back