40mm sink waste pipe connected into square downpipe?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by jamiller, 30 Dec 2011.

1. jamiller

jamiller

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have plumbed my old kitchen sink unit into garage. Just through the wall is a convenient plastic square down pipe - which I would like to discharge waste water into. This will save waste pipe running along back of bungalow to kitchen drainand & looking unsightly! Is it ok to do this and if so - how !! Cannot think of suitable connectors available. Thank you. John

2. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like you're intending to run your waste into rainwater, which is not allowed, it must go to a foul drain

3. Sponsored Links
  4. moggridgeplumbing

moggridgeplumbing

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You can only do this if you have a combined foul and rainwater drainage system. Assuming the rainwater pipe is connected to the drainage system and not going to a soakaway.

You will not find a connection for waste pipe to rainwater downpipe. It can be done (Conversion) but would need to be looked into, if it meets regs. ;)

5. jamiller

jamiller

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I believe on this 1963 bungalow - it is a combined system. The sink drain runs along the back of the property and on the corner of bungalow/garage (which is where I want to branch in), the rainwater downpipe drops into the same drainage pipe. Thanks for your replies.

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links