40mm waste flexible bends

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone an opinion of solvent weld flexible bends for 40mm wastes?

I can't seem to find much mention of them.

Have been looking at Magicflex Solvent Weld Elbow 1 1/2" from by Wirquinn from Toolstation.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm probably talking my usual rubbish here, but I would have thought that the traditional rigid solvent weld stuff (acrylic with filler based) would not have the flexibility that PVC products would have....therefore it would be important to use a proprietary PVC adhesive when using these?
John :)

The words "flexible waste pipe" will make any decent pro shudder, those ribs will trap dirt and cause it to block, do it properly in rigid pipe

Sponsored Links
I have read that the Hepworth equivalants do have a smooth bore...

The words "flexible waste pipe" will make any decent pro shudder, those ribs will trap dirt and cause it to block, do it properly in rigid pipe
As will 90 degree elbows on waste pipes :rolleyes: instead of 92 degree swept bends :idea:

Multikwik do the Multiflex adjustable bends, infinitely variable between 0 and 90 degrees (90 and 180 if you like), but they are compression.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back