40mm waste for washing machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to add a 40mm T piece to an existing waste. Unfortunately there is no movement in the waste to allow it to be slid one way then the other to insert the connector.

The waste goes through two rooms and has numerous welded joints and is then boxed in. I have exposed the area to add the T piece to (which I can then connect a washing machine trap onto), but upon cutting the waste pipe find there is not enough movement on either end. I don't really want to expose any more of the pipe as this will involve re-tiling. Is it possible to get a straight coupling that I can slide all the way onto one pipe end, line them up and slide back halfway over the other.?

All the straight couplings I have seen seem to have a centre ring to stop this.

Sponsored Links
You can buy a McAlpine universal Tee or straight that do just that. If you can pull the pipe towards you, just slide the fitting on release pipe and slide fitting into place. With it being universal it fits all makes of waste.

try taking the centre ring out with a long hacksaw blade or file. thats what i do to turn it into a slip coupling. nothing to hard to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back