450w 1G 2W dimmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Does such thing as a 450w 1G 2W dimmer exist? I only seem to be able to find them up to 400w

I bought a pair of the MK IQ ones from TLC the other day (quite expensive!), but I cant seem to get them to work properly - the lights all flicker really badly when they're on :/ (any ideas on that btw?)

I was hoping to have better luck with something a bit less 'inteligent'

I've got 9x 12v 50w (450w) downlighters that need to be controlled by a pair of 2 way dimmers - i presume I cant just be lazy and get away with using a couple of 400's?

Sponsored Links
probably, they are supposed to be intelegent, looks like you have proved they are

Sponsored Links
Have you got TWO dimmers operating one circuit? That will explain the flickering. One needs to be a normal switch, the other a 1000W dimmer. (or use a 500W non-derateable type).

oh, thats interesting then

so i cant use 2x 2way dimmers on a single circuit? i need to use 1x 2W dimmer and 1x standard 2W switch?

smashing, thanks

remwire1.gif

according to the wiring diagram, the slave unit needs to be 'piggybacked' off master - is this likely to mean the existing wiring needs altering or should I be able to use the existing wiring?

there's 3 (plus earth) conductors at each switch - will these be in a 'standard' arrangement, or am i going to need to dig out the multimeter and work out whats what?

If you have 3 conductors at each two way switch then you probably can't use the remote dimmers without alterations. L1 and L2 should run to each other with no break.. Com on one switch is probably live and com at the other switch is probably switched live. The two 'lives' then meet at a junction box or rose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back