45A Cooker switch and 13A plug

I think my simplest solution IS to use a CCU, hense my original question.

The reason I asked the question is because I don't fully understand what implications the 45A has.

As long as it's safe to use a CCU to switch the water feature on then I'm done. I can label the switch to ensure that it's obvious that it is not for a cooker.

Sponsored Links
OK - what's wrong with this:

1) The plug-in transformer - plug it into a socket on the ring. If there isn't one in a convenient place, add one - not as a spur, but as part of the ring.

2) The SWA to the outside socket for the water feature -

2a) (You will have to do this come what may) - inside the garage, terminate the SWA in a metal adaptable box, and join it to 2.5mm T/E.

2b) On the ring, connect a switched RCD FCU. Connect the 2.5mm T/E from the metal box to it.

I've suggested an RCD FCU, even though the ring is already RCD protected, as it might give you discrimination - i.e. if you get a fault, it might trip before the house one does. Even if it doesn't, you'll be no worse off.

I really don't see what the attraction of a CCU is.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back