48 sash windows

Sponsored Links
lucky you. ;)
i am a tiler but have been asked to give a quote, ive done a lot of painting before but would like some idea on a price for rubbing down, filling ,undercoat, and gloss, per window or total , any help would be great

Looking at the windows, what do you reckon total timewise per window? If 4 hours for all stages per window, then you'd estimate 24 days labour at whatever day rate you are charging depending on your area. Plus materials.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the windows, what do you reckon total timewise per window? If 4 hours for all stages per window, then you'd estimate 24 days labour at whatever day rate you are charging depending on your area. Plus materials.
thanks for the reply

It all depends on the condition of the windows and what standard of finish you expect to achieve. Are they all at ground floor level?

It all depends on the condition of the windows and what standard of finish you expect to achieve. Are they all at ground floor level?
no they are 1st 2nd 3rd floors and not been repainted for 6yrs a lot of rubbing down

Three story's high, big ladder, :) Ok ladders are not outlawed but your insurance probably wont cover you. erm you are insured for public liability?

Not being cute here we all have to start somewhere. be carefull.

I’m not a painter, but I have painted sash windows and it’s a right pain.

One bit of advice is to scaffold the building and charge the customer. You can’t really do any kind of decent job like this off a ladder.

thanks for comments i will get a price for scaffold , can anyone else give some idea what they would be charging for sash windows.

thanks for comments i will get a price for scaffold , can anyone else give some idea what they would be charging for sash windows.

It's impossible to say.. without seeing. Does the customer want them to operate? i.e. do they work ok? need any repairing like new cords. easing? any broken glass? whats the putties like? falling out? and the extent of rubbing down flaking paint etc etc.

You will just have to work it out for yourself i.e. how ling will it take you to rub down, check and replace any putty, wash, fill, prime u/c and gloss. The painting is the easy bit but you might take longer than a true decci. So surely you realise that you have to work out how long each window will take to finish x your hrly rate x 48 Plus scaffold plus materials.;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back