4G lighting to 3G combining 2 lives.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Currently have a 4G wall plate in a kitchen extension, however, two of the four are in a location where I feel control by one dimmer would be adequate. The area is eight 5 Watt downlighters currently on two Hamilton LEDITB100 which, if following the down rating guidance, would be within the specification however, I could change to a Zano which I have on one of the circuits for another of the zone, if only for convenience of programming.
My question is whether there would be an issue with combining gangs 3 and 4 to one dimmer L1 if within the specified dimmer output. I would therefore only need a 3G wall plate.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not a problem provided the total load doesn't exceed the dimmer rating, and all of the lights are on the same circuit.

Hi flameport,
Thanks for the speedy reply. The lighting for the whole house is on one MCB, the kitchen 4G light switch has all neutrals and earths terminated within the back box with one common and four L1 outputs, to four sets of lights, i merely wish to conjoin two of lives and change to a 3G wall plate.
Kind regards

Sponsored Links
Yes that could be fine, just up the same way as before only two of the output wires into the same terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back