5-7 Watt Maximum

Some IKEA lights don't work when the maximum load is exceeded. One of the pendants I bought just had a PTC in the lamp base to stop you putting in a higher power lamp.
If they do that with some of these seemingly ridiculous low 'maximum loads' (e.g. 3W/5W), then it seems that they are thereby adding a level of idiocy to their 'not having a clue'!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
it's more of an uplighter than a table lamp.
You may well be right but there’s nothing in the John Lewis description about it being an uplight .

If you had a thinner shade
Ah but I don’t have a thinner shade and after spending £85 for the lamp as it is I’m certainly not going to spend another £30-50 on another shade. And btw, I made a mistake in the title because the recommended wattage is 3 to 6. AE4B33D6-9EE9-4A4B-B4A8-F95C73C07D1B.jpeg

You may well be right but there’s nothing in the John Lewis description about it being an uplight .
"Table lamps" quite commonly have shades like yours, even though most of the light goes upwards.
Ah but I don’t have a thinner shade and after spending £85 for the lamp as it is I’m certainly not going to spend another £30-50 on another shade.
Is there a possibility that you could return it to JL and get it replaced with one which is closer to what you actually want/need?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
"Table lamps" quite commonly have shades like yours, even though most of the light goes upwards.
Is there a possibility that you could return it to JL and get it replaced with one which is closer to what you actually want/need?

Kind Regards, John
Not a chance John the whole family love the lamp so I'm not going to start WW3.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back