50 kW system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been to look at a job today and basically im looking for a 50kW condensing system boiler. I am going to price up a Viessmann vitodens 300 49kW system boiler but i am looking for an alternative boiler to price as well. I have looked on a few websites of domestic boilers but seem to be struggling to find many out there. Has anybody any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Keston 40 and 55 kw wall mounted boilers. can be linked to manifold and the flue can go for miles as it is 50mm MUPVC waste pipe. Or if you want to go with the flue for miles and miles there is there own 75mm flue.
Or there is the 25kw boilers which are just mini me of bigger brothers.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant do a new large output range, might be advertised under their commercial stuff though.

cheers just looking at vaillant comercial now. I tend to stay away from ideal and maybe keston as only heard bad things about them. Thanks anyway.

Keston are just as good as most other boilers, have installed quite a few with very little grumbles, only had one fan fault and a couple of syphon faults. They are now owned by Glowworm but hopefully they won't take them down to there high standards.

cozzmic said:
Keston are just as good as most other boilers, have installed quite a few with very little grumbles, only had one fan fault and a couple of syphon faults. They are now owned by Glowworm but hopefully they won't take them down to there high standards.

its just i have pal who works for gas force and he said don't mention keeston he hates them. His personal opion i suppose. Its very rare i come accros a keeston boiler to comment on them but just what a pal of mine said thats all.

This guy has his heart set on a Viessmann so presume he wants quallity.

Keston owned by Vaillant/Hepworth?? Thought it was Ideal.

Hepworth own Ferroli now, I was told.

Keston were bought by Ideal in August 2006. Two brilliant boiler manufacturers together - Ideal bedfellows?

Kestons are easy to install, that is the beginning and end of the good news.

Go for the Viessmann 300 49kw, if you can lift it :LOL: . Comes on a pallet, and is 500mm deep. We love them.

simond said:
Keston were bought by Ideal in August 2006. Two brilliant boiler manufacturers together - Ideal bedfellows?

Kestons are easy to install, that is the beginning and end of the good news.

Go for the Viessmann 300 49kw, if you can lift it :LOL: . Comes on a pallet, and is 500mm deep. We love them.

i have the 26kW version of the vitodens 300 in my dads house. it is a supurb boiler but yeah they are big. :LOL: So i reckon the 49kW version will be quite a size.

I'd strongly recommend manifolding two 24kW boilers as the loading in summer will be way too small for a large boiler to modulate down to. E.G DHW load, say two Megaflows in a large house, loading will be between 20kW (cold water) reducing to about 6kW (when nearly hot). Using two smaller boilers will reduce boiler cycling and still give capacity for the winter heating load.

I like the Ideal icos, others don't. I also like the Keston C25, though it's noisier than most. [/b]

Manifolding two little boilers is like buying two domestic cars instead of a lorry to pull a heavy load.

The big Vitodens 300 is a light commercial design built like the proverbial brick outhouse. Large scale waterways, very heavy stainless steel bespoke heat exchanger. Blue Angel burners, you can't get any cleaner.

You are proposing a couple of flimsy boilers, with a reputation amongst those who do repairs for failing often and expensively. We came across a Keston pair the other day in a doctors surgery complex, both 4 yrs old, both a write off. The building owner has four other properties with Kestons, they are constantly packing up. PCBs, heat exchangers, fans, plastic internal pipes cracking, we have seen it all.

Personally, I also have a problem with the flue. Made of plastic waste pipe and capable of being run well over 10 metres this is an installers dream package. It is often passed within floor voids, between floors, behind kitchen units etc. A fault within the boiler, or an assembly problem with the flue, or the commonly found low temp waste being used instead of MuPVC, could result in the PoC being discharged somewhere else in the house. 10 metres away possibly.

There is no method of sensing this because the fan is set up to overcome a significant resistance.

So, I would very much advise a Viessmann (or a Kidd Model 2).

i would think the vitodens 300 will modulate down quite a way. The house isn't really that big. It just has a hell of a lot of big radiators in. It ciurrently has a Glow worm 40kW boiler in but it has been added to and added to and i think the boiler is struggling to cope.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back