51 plate mondeo not starting

Fk all mate, didnt wanna try the petrol trick because i know its sparking and not sure the symbol for the main ignition relay, is it the coil???

What the test?

Sponsored Links
No it wont be a coil because that would be for the ignition coil.

The AA man give any clues apart from checking the spark?

He said change the cam sensor that was next in the ignition sequence as there was fuel to the rail

Made no difference but was only £15 so no matter

Make up tester using a 12volt bulb and two wires coming from it. Earth one of the wires to the body of the car and touch the other wire to the positive terminal on the battery. It should light.

Now switch the ignition on and see can you light the bulb by touching the wire that was on the positive terminal of the battery on any of the wires going to the injectors in the inlet manifold. You should be able to get it to light on each injector?

Try U-Tube may be on it, how to check Mondeo Fuel lines/injectors.

Unfortunately its not the cam sensor if you have a spark.

The timing belt is ok?

Sponsored Links
Dont hold your breath ive left my meter in work!!!

Not sure if he checked the cam sensor for voltage, is it L and N so just test across??

Dont hold your breath ive left my meter in work!!!

Not sure if he checked the cam sensor for voltage, is it L and N so just test across??

A two wire cam sensor should put out a small sine-wave (AC voltage) when the engine is running.

You cant check for anything else.

Put the multimeter on the plug going to the injectors and getting about 17v to each but goes up and down a bit but the battery is dying a bit

Any ideas?

12volts max if the car isn't running?

Try and check down at each injector or do a wiggle test on the loom and see if she starts. You might have a bad connection?

Has it definitely got a good spark ? If not, you need to find out why. If it has, check for live feed to injectors, then you will need a Noid light (it's like a bulb you fit into the injector plug). If you haven't got a Noid light, use an L.E.D circuit tester accross the pins in the plug and crank the engine, the tester should flash. DON'T use a bulb type tester to do this, as it put's too much load on the E.C.U. If you get a flash, which you should do if you're also getting a spark, then the problem is probably fuel delivery to the engine i.e : fuel pump, relay, fuse, inertia switch etc.

Got voltage to the injectors - 18 but fluctuating

AA but a visual indicator between the the HT lead and plug and all looked fine to him with strong sparks

Just plugged a fault finding thing inti the car and shows no faults but a call for more fuel

you may need to do a fuel pressure test to confirm the pump delivery. I had similar issues on a ford focus a while back and found a failed seal on the fuel pump delivery hose inside the tank which was a nightmare to find.

Just been back to the pump and its not running at all!!!!

Only been in a couple of weeks and done about 80 miles, swapped relay with the horn and thats fine as is the fuel, whats the test to see if the pump is receiving power?

Sponsored Links
Back