Nissan Sunny 1989 B12 wont start

I have checked the fuel line all the way down to the actual metal pipes and all is clear

when the car is turned over i can see peterol being slowly drawn into the filter

Is it possible to get a blockage between the fuel tank and the filter, and if so how would i remove it, i am not sure how fast the fuel should end up going into the filter

Sponsored Links
Disconnect it before the filter ans try pumping it into a bottle or something like that. The pump should pump at a fair rate in that it'll fill a litre bottle in less than a minute easily.
It's poosible to get a blockage anywhere, that's why I said to blow it to make sure it's clear. Do you have a drain plug on the bottom of the tank, usually 12mm? If so you could drain some fuel off to see if there's any rusty pieces in it.

stargate03 said:
changed the fuel filter to a clear one

Now when the ignition is turning over, i can see the fuel slowly moving up the filter, but it never gets high enough to travel down the next pipe.

Did you put the filter on the right way round? (check for the arrow showing direction of fuel)

Sponsored Links
Dribble a few drops from a little plastic bottle or something similar. Only a teaspoonfull should be enough to make it fire. Be carefull that it doesn't backfire up through the carb or somebody's going to be holding a bomb. Also, don't even think about trying that unless you've done everything else that you've been advised to.
Does this car have points or is it electronic?
Are you getting a spark at the plugs?
Are the leads on in the right order?
Have you checked the fuel is being pumped up?
Can you see a little window on the side of the carb, if you can is there fuel in there?

Back