5kw kiln wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, will be acquiring an electric kiln single phase to install in outbuildings shortly. The outbuildings have a new consumer unit. The cable run will be about less than 15m. The cable will be nowhere near insulation. Can you confirm that a 6mm grey cable will be fine. I intend to run the cable shortly and leave it until my electrician comes to connect up that and other circuits.

Sponsored Links
Im asking my electrician when he comes. Im also asking this forum. I need to lay the cable asap as im going to be incapacitated for 4 months in a weeks time.

Install a duct now and then the electrician can pull in what ever cable he considers is necessary

Sponsored Links
No ducting going in cable will be clipped to wood for much of its route. Would it be possible to have comments on my question.

Im asking my electrician when he comes. I need to lay the cable asap.

Conventionally, design precedes installation and its not wise to deviate from this regardless of other pressures as you might be installing twice...

I give up. No more replues are necessary. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back