60 kg Fridge standing on top of kitchen worktop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a smaller 26kg fridge standing on top of the worktop at the moment and it works great, very stable. But I was wondering if it would be ok to put a 50kg (NOT 60KG - I THINK AS I CANT FIND INFO ABOUT ITS WEIGHT) fridge (125cm high- LIEBHERR KP2620) on top of the worktop. sizewise it's ok, will fit, but I was worried about the weight-bearing of the worktop and underneath cupboards.

Is it a bad idea?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've stood on most of my worktops at some time or another, in my current and previous houses,no failures yet.

When I stand on a worktop (without shoes) I always make sure to be over one of the uprights ie full supported. I'm sure it won't snap both the load my cause flexing which of course looks ugly but also may cause any surrounding grout to fail.

I'm not sure but does a fridge have heat out of the back / bottom? May want to investigate this as may cause damage to said worktop.

Sponsored Links
Cupboards will withstand much more weight that that. My marble worktop took 6 guys to carry in and that’s before you add any weight on top .

Cupboards will withstand much more weight that that. My marble worktop took 6 guys to carry in and that’s before you add any weight on top .
Foxhole, you seem to go off at a tangent with your answers. Of course the cupboards will withstand more weight than a person. You can stand on top of cardboard, or even paper when it's on it's end.
I believe it is the worktops that are in question. The unsupported section between the cupboards. I'd be surprised if any of the manufacturer's, chipboard, marble or whatever, would advise or guarantee against this being done with their product.

Foxhole, you seem to go off at a tangent with your answers. Of course the cupboards will withstand more weight than a person. You can stand on top of cardboard, or even paper when it's on it's end.
I believe it is the worktops that are in question. The unsupported section between the cupboards. I'd be surprised if any of the manufacturer's, chipboard, marble or whatever, would advise or guarantee against this being done with their product.
I suggest you read the OP, there is no gap mentioned, simply wants to put fridge on top over unit.

The fridge is on the worktop and worktop holding it very well. Thank you for your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back