6MM T&E Cable but what terminal????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I`m trying to wire a zanussi double electric oven to a ccu using a 6mm t&e cable as reconmended. The problem is the connection panel for the cooker is located in a smallish square at the bottom of the oven and the connection is not a typical " push wire into hole and secure connection with screw". It is instead simply a screw that would hold the wire in place if the wire could be connected to it. I`ve tried bending the wire around the screw but it doesnt look particularly secure and because of the size of the wire doesnt fit.

Can you get a crimp terminal big enough to secure a 6mm cable? Screwfix do one but not sure if its the right one. Crimp Yellow Ring 6mm!

Or if not has anyone any idea how to connect to a zanussi cooker? Quote 70036

Sponsored Links
so i`m right in thinking that i can feed the live from a 6mm cable into the 6mm yellow clamp and then secure the cooker scew through this giving me the connection i need ? Hate to sound simple but ......

Sponsored Links
You'll need a decent ratchet crimping tool to apply the crimp to the cable with.
What diameter is the screw - 6mm will be referring to the diameter of the hole, not the cable size.
Can you upload a photo of the connection?

Cant get a pic at the moment sorry. So what crimp would you use for a 6mm cable?

on a lot of modern ovens, you can just strip of 10 mm of insulation and push the wire under the 'left side' of the terminal screw-head and tighten; ie without having to wrap the wire round the screw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back