extending 6mm cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
trying to extend 6mm cable - don;t have crimp, so hoping to either use a 60a terminal strip or a cooker outlet (without using the load bit). uestion is, if I get a 45a cooker outlet plate will I be able to use the terminals inside to take 2 x 6mm cable (in order to extend the circuit) or won't they take 2 x 6mm?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ah, good area.

I suspect STB Wimborne Road, Moordown will have them. Open Saturday mornings, at least they were. I suggest you telephone first.

City Electrical Factors (I know) in Springbourne and also near Creekmoor should also be open tomorrow morning, phone first.

John Cribbs near Oakdale should be open too. Phone first.

They are a set of robbing ------, and the gear they carry is awful quality. Unfortunately they're the only wholesalers near me, and I often end up there in emergencies :cry:

I needed a security lighting panel from them years ago.

Asked for a price, it was more than full list price. Ended up ringing their supplier to query the price and was told in no uncertain terms that no tradesmen were ever charged the full catalogue price and WTF were City doing trying not only to sell at list but putting a mark-up on it?

Then there was the time I wanted extension studs.

Oh don't buy the MK ones, they're mad dear, he said. Buy our own.

How much?

90p each.

If I buy 100 how much are they?

90p each.

You can't make it up.

CEF are definitely a Saturday morning place, when your favoured wholesaler is shut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back