6x2 Support decking support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
O.k

Im getting really pee'd off now .

I just cant get this level .Offered it to house got it level with spirit level .Pre drilled holes for anchor bolt screws to go thru .When pre drilling these holes ive gone thru the wood and marked the wall where i need to drill the larger hole for the anchor .

O.k that done i put in the anchors offer the 6x2 up to the wall and fix in place ,only to find its not level .Really losing my patience here ,should i just give up and pay someone .Does the support have to be exactly level and can you get around this by highering the joists a little when putting these in place in the joist hangers ?.

Sponsored Links
how much off level are you talking if its only 12mm a meter ok

25mm a meter still not to bad but will show

have you spaced the wood off the wall by 12mm!!!!

how much off level are you talking if its only 12mm a meter ok

25mm a meter still not to bad but will show

have you spaced the wood off the wall by 12mm!!!!

Ive re done it its fine now lol .

And no i havent because its below the DPC :) .

Sponsored Links
How did you resolve this?

Basically by taking off the 6x2 and leaving the anchor bolts in there orig holes in the wall .And re drilling holes in the 6x2 to make it level .

Re fixed to wall plonked the spirit level on and hey presto its level .

But it still narks me how u can offer up the wood in the first place get it level and drill the holes thru and going thru to mark wall for the bigger holes needed for anchor bolts and then fix it later and it isnt level .

To the reply above about no more than 10mm over a meter , blimey isnt that seriously unlevel :eek: .If thats o.k i didnt have nothing to worry about in the first place anyway .But like i say its virtually bang on now .

Thanks

Alan

Drilling into masonry is notoriously subject to a wandering drill bit. I find it easiest to start the hole off small, then move up thru the bits to the required size.

Glad you got it sorted.

level or continuos slope is of course what your aiming for

if a wall plate is out you can make adjustments to the joist to level up

and although 1" is a lot most things you put on a deck would cope with the deviation as most garden furniture is fairly flexable

remember as the decking settles down you are boing to get the odd high point or dip anyway

Remember as the decking settles down you are boing to get the odd high point or dip anyway
Presumably you mean when checked with a level and not an eyeball ;)

I wouldn't expect any well built deck to show any visible signs from settling over time.

MW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back