7 fingered wood block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have just bought a new house which has wood block flooring laid in 2 rooms. Can you tell me where we can get some 7 fingered oak wood block to match the exsiting floor. We want to remove a large wardrobe but the wood block was not laid under the wardrobe, it is bare wood floor boards. Can you help? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi new owner, welcome

If you can give us the measurements of the mosaic block (tickness etc) we might be able to help out, depening on how much sq meters you need.

Hi wood you like!

The area we need to cover is quite small it measure 21 inches by 75 inches - sorry I measured in imperial size. Each 7 fingered block measures 6 inches or 152 mm square. We are not able to tell the thickness of the wood block but the gap from the floor boards to the flooring in probably about 2cm. Looking at the space within the built in wardrobe the flooring may be sat on 1.5cm thick board. (We haven't pulled the wardrobe out in case we are not able to get any block to fill the hole). If you are to help could you give me some idea of the costing. Sorry I don't know what you mean by the ticking but hopefully I have given you all the measurements you need.
:)

Sponsored Links
from the measurements we took we are summising the thickness of the block is 5cm but hopefully someone may know from the size of the block if this sounds feasable!!

JohnD said:
Thickness :LOL:
:oops: :oops:
Hi new owner. Have to check the measurements of the mosaic tiles we have (not stored in shop), but 5 cm is very,very thick. Normally it would be either 20mm or 8mm thick, not 50mm.

Hi JohnD
We have now taken the wardrobe out as we had a plasterer coming in to do the walls. The blocks have been laid onto plywood - I will check the thickness today and let you know the exact thickness of the blocks. Also I can be more specific about the measurements of the hole we need to fill.
Happy new year. Hope your not too hung over this morning after celebratations!! ;)

Hi John D
rechecked measurements the blocks are 8mm thick sat on plywood that is 13mm thick.
We need to fill a space 183.5cm with 25mm chopped out of the next block by 58 cm. Each set of 4 7 fingered blocks forming the pattern, measure 305mm square. :unsure:

Hi new owner

we have mosaic Oak 8mm thick 7 fingers, where one block of 7 fingers measures 16cm by 16 cm.

I had assumed the wood block came in 4 squares already joined together making up the pattern of each square of 7 fingers laying at 90 degree angle to each square of 7 fingers. does this mean we can buy each single square to make different patterns. The squares you have are the correct thickness but appear to be larger. Ours measure 6inches or 152mm. Can you tell me the cost of each square. Is there a minimum order? How much for delivery? Whereabouts are you could we collect?

Our mosaic tiles are 2 by 4 squares of 7 fingers = 32 cm by 64 cm total = 0.20 sq m per tile. (mosaic is Rustic Oak, unfinsihed)
Normally we sell them per pack, but you can buy them per tile ;)
We're in Kent (near Ashford), so it's up to you (delivery charge would be IMHO more than the price for the tiles)

so how much per tile? if we buy a pack - how many tiles in a pack and how much per pack?

new owner said:
so how much per tile? if we buy a pack - how many tiles in a pack and how much per pack?
Give us a call and we can discuss details (see profile for website = website is phonenumber (contact details)

sorry i am a real rookie. I cannot find your profile to contact you. please post the details

So is this forum now just a chatty version of eBay? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back