Solid wood floor on Concrete

Just telling you the correct method for screeding. There are ways around it. Get me a moister result and bobs your uncle!

Sponsored Links
mattysupra said:
Just telling you the correct method for screeding. There are ways around it. Get me a moister result and bobs your uncle!

And your advice is much appreciated :)

Now, to get a moisture test I'm going to need to get an hygrometer. Here's hoping screed bloke has one this am.

well, screed bloke said floor is dry and has made up a "dry" mix of sand and cement with a bonding agent. Filled in the big dips (it was 50mm) and my hall resembles the seaside.

He says can put boards on it and walk on it in 24 hours, levelling compound at the weekend.

Next 24 hours will be fun what with only a thin strip of original concretenear to one wall to walk on through the hall.

hi
I have a similar set up - concrete floor with no dpm (i think) when lifted carpet in hall and lino in kitchen which had hardboard and plastic bags under it the floor was soaking ( not sure if damp or condensation). Our floor is level. what would be our best plan if using the same wood + polyx oil - just to put the dpm/underlay down and glue the flooring?
presumably the same moisture would build up under the dpm - is that a problem?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Perth, you first have to find the source of the moist to see if it's a structural or one-of condensation problem before you can proceed with anything

Hi
whats the best way of finding the source i.e structural or condensation - the fact it looks dry now I suppose is because it has no floor covering on it at present and it can evaporate and so doesn't build up to look wet.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back