700mm worktop - is it available?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although I'm quite handy at basic DIY, I've never done anything involving buying lots of supplies, so I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question! We've just installed a dishwasher; obviously it's a standard 600mm depth but owing to the cackhanded piping behind it (nothing to do with us, we've just moved in!) it sticks out a fair bit. So to replace the worktop we'd need about a 700mm depth. But the cheap places - and that's all we can afford - only do the standard 600mm or a breakfast bar 900mm. Am I just not looking hard enough or can you not get 'off the peg' 700mm worktop?

Sponsored Links
You could always buy "Breakfast Bar". This is just worktop that is finished on both edges. It's quite a bit more expensive than your usual worktop (but possibly cheaper than ordering 700mm as a one off). It comes with a standard width of 900mm. You could then trim the width down to suit your own needs.

I was fortunate enough to acquire a fairly large quantitiy of this from a previous job. As a result, all of our worktops are now 800mm. Trouble is, the wife has been spoiled, as she now finds the standard 600mm a bit cramped.

You know what they say, give em an inch, and they want a yard ;)

It might be cheaper for you to get a Plumber to move the pipework or at least tidy it all up for you than to buy 900mm wide worktops.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back