76mm sanding/buffing pads for Bosch min-grinder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a sanding pad with arbor and buffing/polishing discs that will fir this Bosch mini-grinder?

1659613307231.png

Sponsored Links
Two things spring to mind. First, would the 50mm dished-centre backing discs and PSA adhesive pads from the Bosch Green EasyCut&Grind 7.2V Cutter/Grinder Set fit this tool? (and you'll need a dished backing pad to be able to sand)

Bosch Green EasyCut and Grind Sanding Disc 000.png

Bosch Green EasyCut and Grind Sanding Disc 001.png

Bosch Green EasyCut and Grind Sanding Disc 002.png

Certainly looks like is could fit, and the Bosch Greem manual states that it is a 10mm mounting. But it's only a 50mm diameter sanding disc, not the 75mm of the blue tool's tools. That's maybe that's enough for what you need, though. The battery/motor might not be able to support much more than 50mm for a decent run time in any case. Some others might suggest that you really need a Festool Rotex Ro90, or maybe just a sanding pad on a multitool

But second, as Bosch don't offer such an accessory for the blue tool, does that mean they haven't fitted an adequate thrust bearing to the tool for sanding? Could be that continually adding side thrust loading onto axial bearings will fubar them prematurely

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be that continually adding side thrust loading onto axial bearings will fubar them prematurely
Bosch do a 4mm grinding disc so I presume that the machine is adequate for sanding too, not just cutting

I didn't know that. I'm on the Milwaukee 12 volt system for small works, so I had a look at their 3in (76mm) cut-off tool just in case, but they don't do any sanding backing pads. Can't think of anyone else who make this sort of machine

Sponsored Links
i doubt it would work well with any sanding disk as the speed is too high[ 19500 as opposed to the mini sander 5800 jxk links to]so would cause burning and excessive drag on the motor the mini cut off is great but easilly bogged down if you go in too heavy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back