837 EcoTec Plus Making noise when full flame

Hi everyone, I have the same problem as described in this thread, eco-tec plus 837 after four years began to make a noise identical to the one shown in the video. Do you already know what is responsible for this noise?

Sponsored Links
@mariz No I wasn't able to get to the bottom of the issue. However I have not done anything but have noticed the noise has reduced. I'm planning on leaving it as it is until it breaks down as this problem is unknown by the engineer. It could be just trail and error and could have a long bill without resolving the issue.

But it was recommended by one of the engineer is to contact Vaillant to have a fixed price repair call out. I contacted Vaillant and the cost was about £300 and is get carried out by Domestic & General: http://www.repairandprotect.co.uk/brands/vaillant-boiler-repairs.html. Just ensure if you decide to go with fixed cost there are some exclusion and limitation on parts.

@ScottishGasMan The water that came out from the radiator was brownish and has left a stain on my carpet (getting rid of the stain by using Rug Doctor spray). See attached pic.
I guess you could of claimed for a new carpet had someone else carried out the works..:ROFLMAO:;)

Am I guessing right here that, the gas-to- air ratio seems to have been causing the noise. Is there a gas-to-air ratio setting that someone is able to tune?

Are you for real?
Have you the knowledge and suitable equipment to carry out combustion analysis?
Yea a little tweek to offset/throttle is all that is required , a 5 minute exercise and walk in the park for someone who knows what they are doing , you certainly don't and also appear to be a liability.

Sponsored Links
It's amazing people come on here Wei Wei comes on with a complete load of ****** an makes me despair with the industry. The op takes off gas air duct ****s about an has no idea how much danger he is in.. SGM GIVES him advice re fixed [price repair re vaillant and he ignores it. Next we will read about someone dying of co poisoning an people wander why ffs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back