87.5 or 92.5 degree bend for soil pipe behind back to wall toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wanting to connect a 90 degree(ish) double socket bend to my 110mm drainage pipe behind my BTW toilet installation. The drainage pipe extends down through the concrete suspended floor about 70cm to another bend and then horisontally out. I plan to then use a 100mm straight McAlpine 110mm Flexi Back to Wall Toilet Pan Outlet Connector (WC-F21R) to make a good an reliable connection to the spigot using its jubilee clip system on my new BTW pan. I will pop its finned end into a very short bit of 110mm pipe coming out of the horizontal end of the bend. I know this is probably a really silly question but am I better using a 92.5 or an 87.5 bend (or - are they as I suspect) the same thing depending on which way up you put it.

I may not actually need the bend at all if the WC-F21R turns out to be long enough but at this point the bog has not arrived and I'm not sure if this alone will be long enough. I want to have the bend to hand when I start the job and just wondered...

I kind of like the idea of having the jubilee clip solution for my own peace of mind as I have heard that the normal flex connectors can sometimes pop off the spigot on the pan. Don't be wanting that and having all the "soil" dribbling into that totally inaccessible 2ft gap below the suspended concrete floor. Not a nice thought. Do the fins ever pop out? Bear in mind that there is that 2-3ft drop down to the main drain...

Cheers,
Paul

Sponsored Links
They're the same thing

Flexi pan connectors are generally a bad idea as waste gets caught in the corrugations, causing blockages

Lol, I have to say that I find flexi are totally fine when they are good quality and used correctly ... here we go down the flexi pan connector argument again :sneaky:

In the case of back to the wall pan's the clipped versions are excellent where it is not possible to push the pan back onto a firmly fitted horizontal connector/soil pipe.

As long as the connector is fitted far enough into a nice clean and dry soil pipe and there's no backwards pull on the connector then it should stay there without a problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.
The one I am getting (I think) is one of the best so I have every faith. Didn't want to start a flexi connector war. I appreciate there are those who love them and those who hate them :)

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back