9" skirting board please help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!!!

Does anyone know of an online store, (or any store for that matter) that sells a 9" skirting board, it can't be 9" made up of of a 7 + 2, it must be a 9 beacuse of the gap between the floor and the plaster.

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark

Sponsored Links
you glue the parts together so they act as one

dont forget you loose around 6mm per bit of wood so you will finnish up at either 8 1/2 or 9 1/2" finnished sizes

Big All,

Thanks for that, but because of the gap I have to fill I cant join two sizes together my joiner has basically refused to do that and wants me to get a 9" board.

Mark

its standard practice to glue two bits together

the only possible problem is if the woods a different thickness !!!

9" isnt advisable as its likley to cup :rolleyes:

what profile you after !!!

Sponsored Links
Mark - how thick, moulding at the top or plain, will they be painted or left natural?

You can get 225mm or 8.8" (nominal, so in reality will be say 5mm smaller) x 22, 25, 32mm thick, also available is 275mm or 10.8" (nominal) x 32mm; obviously got from a decent timber merchant.

So your solution is to go for 275mm x 32mm, get the timber yard reduce the thickness in their planer/thicknesser to what you need, the width reduced on their table saw. To avoid big-all's cupping problem get the rear face of the boards grooved length-wise.

Of course, if they're going to be painted then one option is to use MDF cut to size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back