90 degree pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Those 90 degree pan connectors with the 1/1/4 boss can they be used horizontally or must the attached pipe be vertical, I want to vent a washing m/c into it. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ooowe! If you have the 90 horizontally that implies a horizontal piece of pipe; I'd drop the wm waster into that, from the top.

I know a WM is supposed to have a 1 1/2 = 40mm pipe, but I know of several using 22mm overflow without problems over several feet.

I can't drop w/mc waste from top because the 90degree has to go through wall horizontally, anyway I forgot the pipe was 1/1/2 connector will be no good. :cry:

Sponsored Links
No it won't be "no good" at all. If you don't use a vented trap what's the problem? The wm hose is about 16mm bore! If you ran your pipe through a bush into the pan connector it wouldn't get blocked.

The w/mc hose will hook into a standpipe which I realise needs to be 1/1/2".
The pipe then goes through toilet wall, can I then reduce to 1/1/4" and into connector boss?

I'd not use a standpipe in that situation. Anti-syphon valve, yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back