90 degree turn on an oval PVC conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am planning to run a 2.5mm cable behind a plasterboard wall. The route follows safe zones, but I need the cable to turn 90 degrees. I can't find any joins for oval PVC conduit, how should I do it? I can't find anything in the wiki or forum pages.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
AFAIK oval conduit can't be bent.

And if it could you'd never be able to draw T/E through it...

There's no need for conduit behind the plasterboard. Just clip the cable to the background, and dab the plasterboard over the top.

Just so long as the cable run is in the safe zones..

Oval PVC tube would never be an answer to a zone problem anyway - I assume he's looking for ease of future changes....

Sponsored Links
Ah, didn't realise that. So as long as it's in the safe zones behind plasterboard, it doesn't need conduit? Presumably it needs to be kept clear of insulation, though?

Thanks for the link. The answer is "as long as they need to be"! i.e. I'll make sure there's enough gap.

theres no need for conduit, unless you need it for something else? im not sure what u mean by oval conduit, but if its normal bog standard conduit your'e on about then you can get a bending spring which you place inside and just bend the conduit to the desired angle, then withdraw the spring.

im not sure what u mean by oval conduit

MTOV25.JPG

I'm almost certain I've seen pre-made bends for oval conduit in one of the Bigger Quality diy sheds...

in fact, thanks to researching for another post, I've found this PDF catalogue that lists the bends, adaptors, clips and so on that you can get for it..

in fact, thanks to researching for another post, I've found this PDF catalogue that lists the bends, adaptors, clips and so on that you can get for it..
I'd still like to see someone pull T/E through oval conduit with a bend in it....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back