Oval Conduit between socket and Skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sinking sockets in to a wall that I'm replastering myself (currently bonding the walls)

I have some 20mm Oval conduit, as I'm making the sockets part of the ring main there will be 2 x 2.5mm cables going up to the socket, is it worth having 2 runs of conduit or is it quite normal to have 2 cables down 1 length of 20mm conduit?

cheers

Sponsored Links
I presume as its oval conduit its plastic?

you could try putting 2 x 2.5 mm T & E down it, good luck

may i suggest capping?

2 x 2.5 **** down an oval 20mm on short lengths - If it was from ceiling to socket I would always go for 25mm oval. You will be fine with 20mm on short runs upto sockets.

Thanks guys, I do have some capping too but think the oval plastic conduit would be easier to change the cable if required at a later date.

Would it be worth still putting in 2 runs of conduit just to make it easier do you think?

Sponsored Links
i'd say put in the second peice if only because you might wan't to add a spur later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back