93.5" x 6mm Bandsaw blades, where

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where do i get a 93.5in x 1/4 and 93.5in x 1/2in bandsaw blades ?
Cant seem to find the 1/4 one. Blades for woodworking, not metalwork...

NONE of the local tool shops carry them. Been running between Dungannon/Armagh/Cookstown trying to find one - no one have these blades, half of visited shops dont even sell bandsaw blades...

Sponsored Links
Wholesalers such as school supplies people (K&M Wholesale for example) actually make up the blades from coils, and braze them up to size.
John :)

Mc Intyres in Dungannon might have them. Or they might order them in.
There is a wee shop in Portadown also (ML Tools) which will order in any size you want in the Starrett range.

I use the Lenox trimaster blade which is carbide tipped.

It will cut....

Aluminum/Non-Ferrous
Mold Steels
Carbon Steels
Tool Steels
Alloy Steels
Wood
Bearing Steels
Titanium Alloys
Stainless Steels
Nickel-Based Alloys (Inconel®)

I use it for wood and the cut it makes is extremely clean. Cutting thin veneers with this blade is a doodle.
Resawing no problems either. Fast and accurate.
Lister Machine Tools in Dunmurry will order you in as many Lenox blades as you want.

Go to the lenox website and select the blade first. Then lift the phone to LMT.

Been to McIntyres, as soon as i told thaem its for woodwork they showed me the door :D

I'm looking for narrow blade, 6mm or 1/4. What do you use ? Carbide suggests 1/2, no ?

Sponsored Links
My blade is 20mm.

Not sure whats the smallest in carbide tipped.
They are very expensive. Probably the price of a china bandsaw.

But well worth it imo.
And I hope to have it sharpened when it dulls. I purchased a spare also.

Holy moly, tuffsaws does look promising.
And it does carry stuff i need AND posting is real good, even for northern ireland...

Thanks a ton...

I go straight to Dronco for that sort of thing, ill text my contact at Dronco and ask him if you haven't found one yet. Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back