9600 alarm current capacity

C

calumr135

hey guys, i currently have a scantronic 9600 alarm and i am trying to work out the total current draw, i have 2 keypads which draw 45ma each, and 4 movement pir detectors that draw 14ma each, also a texecom oddyssey 3 in full sab mode so 523ma, but the only thing that i can't work out is how much current the internal speaker draws, the speaker is 16ohm 12watt, in the manual it says the supply output can handle 1250ma but it also says 800ma, the alarm works fine i am just curious about the current draw of the speaker
also what is the bell output current on this panel

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about it ! If it works leave alone most panels will support up to 8 pirs a couple of keypads , speaker and bellbox. If your that bothered put a multimeter on it and take a reading....

The 9600 needs a 7 Ah battery, replace it every 5 years, you also need to replace the bell around the same sort of time as the battery in there goes too, why do you need to know??

Sponsored Links
thanks sparkymarka i didn't thing think i had any thing to worry about, i mean i set off the alarm and both the siren, strobe and speaker [internal siren] work no problem. boy the texecom oddysey 3 and the 9600 alarm sure give off a massive amount off volume when both sounding.

just to clarify when the alarm sounds everything works as it should so the panel can clearly handle it, but on the manual it says the output current is 1250 ma as well as 800ma, is that telling me the total current available for each circuit, such as the siren circuit, bell circuit and aux circuit are 1250 ma or 800 ma each or am i missing something?

thanks

when you say meter the speaker do you mean cut positive wire and connect probes in series and test the internal speaker from engineer menu?

No in series with the battery set on ma when the system is in full alarm and the mains fuse out . That will give you your total current. Bit tricky so if I was you ..... Give it a miss

thanks for replying i will give a miss, my main concern was that i may be overloading the panel because the total current was 712ma and i assumed the speaker was 100ma so a total of 812ma, so i may be overloading the panel by 12ma.

am i just worrying over nothing or am i underestimating the 9600 alarm panel? is the 9600 a powerful panel?

cheers

does each output have its own limited current? is the 1250ma/800ma the current that the bottom aux circuit terminal can provide?

Just do it, I would and so would sparky, if we/you are wrong, all that is going to happen is that a fuse within the panel will blow. (That's what they are for).
But it won't because we are not wrong.

I agree. 12mA? It's hardly enough to light an LED! :rolleyes: Current limiting is only provided by the fuse on the AUX.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back