scantronic 9600 fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi have a question regarding a friend who has a scantronic 9600, He has an internal speaker right next to the back door which gives you a right earful but it is very vulnerable, so if a bad guy wasn't bothered and smashed the speaker or cut the cable would this blow a fuse in the panel? Reason I ask is I have read on other forums that these older systems (probably 9800) do not have fuse protection on the 12v outputs and the battery:eek:.

I know what you are thinking just rip it out and replace but it does work and does the job, Or just move the speaker sorry no can do I'm afraid walls are at a finish.
Will I need to fit an 12v inline fuse for the speaker?, if the speaker was smashed or the cable was cut would this completely destroy the system beyond repair or will it simply just blow a fuse or poly device within the panel and continue to work(except for the speaker of course)?.

Thanks any advice from alarm engineers who have had experience with this alarm system would be deeply appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No fuses on 9800 or 9600 just thermal fuses. So they just reset once the short is removed.

Last edited:
Thanks so there is no need to fit a 12v inline fuse, so in the unlikely event if the speaker did get damaged or cable cut it would just trip the thermal fuse in the panel and the rest of the system (except speaker) would continue to work? thanks

Sponsored Links
No need for a fuse but it wouldnt harm the system if you did. Should not affect rest of system if speaker fuse was tripped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back