scantronic 9600 tamper battery failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a scantronic 9600 alarm and the sounder went off last night repeatedly so i disconnected the speaker, it says TAMPER BATTERY FAILURE ! And i cannot reset.

Can anyone tell me what to do in this case, i did pop the cover off the main keypad but i could not see a battery in there?

Or is it something else?

Thanks in adance

Sponsored Links
You need to replace the battery inside the main control panel not the keypad. Its a Square white metal box. Battery you need will be a 12v 7ah type.

Hi

a square white metal box where could that be in the house or in a garage, main control panel i thought that was the keypad as never used anything else?

Sponsored Links
Keep looking, it is there somewhere.

Garage, under stair cupboard, larder, airing cupboard, cellar, loft space, utility room, built in wardrobe, ground floor toilet (usually behind the door), white metal box about 12" x 12" x 3.5"

Key pad = posh on/off switch

You defently have the metal box, when you find it take off lid & remove the battery & replace then reset system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back