Scantronic 9600 Keypad cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old scantronic 9600 alarm system which has been superb but recently the buttons on the keypad are sticking so I want to take it apart and clean it, I unclipped it and the tamper alarm went off so put the code in and that stopped but when I go to unwire the pad the alarm goes off and I can’t stop it as the keypad is then dead so have to connect back up to cancel alarm, it has 3 wires a signal, and a v+, v0, how can I stop this going off without loosing all the previous settings and stored zones etc please ? Do I need to pop out the fuse in the fused switch and then the main battery in the main control box first ? It’s 16 years old and I’ve never changed any battery in the bell box so assume there’s no battery in there , any help appreciated please. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have the engineer code.
This will prevent alarm from sounding while you clean keypad.
Option could be to Disconnect internal sounder and then Disconnect keypad.
Open up keypad to remove keypad pcb. Clean black pegs on keypad mat with methylated spirits,then clean keypad pcb keypad black pads with meths,using a cotton bud.Re build keypadand then connect keypad wire. Reset alarm and check that all buttons work OK.

No, I don’t have the engineer code, it was fitted 16 years ago and have lost touch with the guy who fitted it . May have to pay someone to come out but looks easier enough to do if I can stop the alarm going off !

Control panel now obsolete. Engineer will probably tell you that system is not repairable and you have spent money unnecessarily. Your system will retain all settings and codes if you do a power down while you clean keypad.If you are a competent person the it is easy to do.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of trying that tbh but couldn’t see how the pcb came free from the outer case, undone a couple of screws , then a clear cover comes off but not sure whether to try and pry the board up , is it clipped in somehow ?

Took it apart with the wires still connected, cleaned key pad on pcb , clean rubber buttons, put back together works superb now thanks for all your help .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back