9827 scantronics with exit button.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

I have the above alarm all working fine except for the doorbell which is the Exit Terminate button in day mode. it’s says in the user manual, quote:

Turning the Chime On/Off
Your system may be programmed so that a chime tone sounds whenever certain doors are opened while the system is unset. If your system has an Exit Terminate button, then it will act as a door bell while Chime is on. To turn Chime on or off:
1. Key in your access code. The display shows "_ _ "
2. Press 7 followed by y (Clear).

I have tried this and it doesn’t work, is there a programming feature in E mode that I’m missing?...

I’ve just re set the whole system in E mode and have a brand new battery and all is working perfectly except for this one feature.. plz Help
Many thanks
Clare

Sponsored Links
Yes the exit terminate button works properly. Once I key in the user code and close the front door I press the exit button and we’re all set..

No idea ? As it's not a zone it's wired to the keypad as an input ....is it a 9800 or 9800+ ?

Sponsored Links
9827 is the keypad part number to be exact !
And there is no mention of the door bell function in the 9800+manual, maybe they removed this option

With all this being said I can’t see any instructions on the doorbell feature in the 9800+ Programming and installation manual.
But I do find the techy stuff harder to decipher..

Can anyone offer any other ideas?
Thanks Sparkymarka for your efforts so far!

If it's the User Manual that you have, try page 16 Chime not doorbell

You do know that the Chime facility has to be programmed into the panel before trying to use it don't you?

Hi Europlex, luckily I have both manuals, user and the installation/programming one. But on page 16 of the user manual I followed the instrustions and put in my user code followed by no 7 and clear (Tick). So yes its set to chime in day mode when the front door (zone 1) opens which is working fine but when I press the exit button the chime feature is not working.

Could this be a wiring problem?
Sorry if this is a silly question.

Sorry, my second line - first - "You do know that the Chime facility has to be programmed into the panel, before, trying to use it don't you?"

It's not a wiring problem.

OK thanks Europlex can you advise how this is done or where in the installation/programming guide where I’d find how to do this this?

In engineer mode I’ve added the chime to zone/cct: 01, which is the door contact final exit zone. Other than that I’m at a loss..

No programming option for the exit terminate ...only to make it a keyswitch....as said before it's an input to the keypad ...and if your saying the exit terminate sets your system ok then it's not a wiring issue ....

So Sparkymarka are you saying perhaps it used to be a function in some 9800+ models but newer models may not support the chime function as a doorbell?
That seems to be to only explanation I can see as to why it’s in the user manual as a feature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back