9kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can i put a 9kw cooker on a 6mm cable its 3phase system it runs from fuse box in to loft down wall in trunkin to 45amp switch 15m thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
:eek: :eek: :eek:

3 phase? why? is this a commercial premises? please explain more.

Break up your explanation with punctuation so we can understand it.

its a pub getting a 9kw cooker need to know if the 6mm will be ok to use

6mm 4 core SWA? Probably overkill for a 3 phase machine.
On the other side of things, as this is a business then it would be best left to an electrician to sort everything out.

Sponsored Links
Is it actually a 3 phase cooker?

Or a single phase cooker on a 3 phase supply?

If its a single phase appliance, 9kw on 6mm is pretty close to the limits and will probably depend on the installation method as to whether its acceptable

9KW on 3 phase is 3KW per phase.. so about 13A per phase..

so 6mm should be plently..

that is unless the cooker specifies that it's 9KW PER phase..

Check and post the rating plate on the cooker, some of that catering stuff uses only 2 phases,

its a pub getting a 9kw cooker need to know if the 6mm will be ok to use
If you have to ask questions like this on a DIY forum are you sure it's right and proper for you to be working as an electrician?

Do your customers know that you don't know how to do what they are paying you to do?

ok its my pub ban-all-sheds the 6mm is already there its a single phase cooker only said 3 phase so more info, i just needed to know if i would have to get the 6mm replaced to 10mm! sometimes i hate this site you get ppl like ban-all-shed making remarks that you just don't need get rid of ppl like him and this site would be a nice friendy site to get info

Sheesh - if you want help, please type in READABLE ENGLISH :mad: .

OK, it's my pub. Ban-all-sheds, the 6mm is already there. It's a single phase cooker; I only said "3 phase" to provide more information. I just need to know if I will have to get the 6mm replaced with 10mm! Sometimes I hate this site. You get people like ban-all-shed making remarks that you just don't need. Get rid of people like him and this site would be a nice friendly site to get information from.

I hope you run your pub in a less lazy and sloppy way than you write your posts.

ok its my pub
So you run a pub and work as a self-employed so-called-professional electrician?

I'm amazed you have the time to do both properly.

i just needed to know if i would have to get the 6mm replaced to 10mm!
You're a qualified electrician - how come you don't know?

sometimes i hate this site you get ppl like ban-all-shed making remarks that you just don't need
I can see how from your POV you don't want your incompetence to be brought to light, but as for need, wider interests prevail.

I hope you run your pub in a less lazy and sloppy way than you write your posts.
There is absolutely no chance of that.

The way he writes his posts makes it absolutely clear that he takes no pride in what he does, and doesn't give a stuff about doing a good job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back