A A W

Notch up a vote from me for not claiming. I'm not well up on this sort of thing but I'm pretty sure you have a few years to claim. Say you claimed now and got a few grand. What happens if your injury (you haven't said what's up with you) causes prolonged pain. You won't get any more money because the claim will have been settled.
My advice would be to let it go - as mentioned, you'll be off for 5 weeks with pay. I'd go through a little pain for that.
However, if you don't recover fully and it's affecting your quality of life, you could claim at a later date.
Get well soon. ;)

Sponsored Links
sue them for all you can get and don't worry about going down the pub you are entitled to do so in your condition despite what other may think

I had an accident visiting a client, who rented his space from another person, and ruptured my achiles tendon. I was in plaster from toe to thigh for 12 weeks, walking with a stick for 6 weeks and had nearly 4 months of physio.

I sued.

It took 4 yrs to sort out, my claims company got £1500 of MY compensation (even after going bust!!) and I was left with £2,500 and I can tell you when its going to rain.

Done differently I would have employed a local solicitor, mine was in Devon, and I would have gone to court.....

But then again I lost a lot more money and never had time off sick on full pay.

Sponsored Links
just seen this. haven't read allreplies so my advice may already have been suggested. if you are in a union approach them they will be a big help.

Back