A bang and then maybe a smell of gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our Combi has been playing up lately. The burner chooses whether or not it wants to come on, and there have been 2 instances where we've heard loud bangs coming from the boiler vacinity.

I stuck my head in the boiler cupboard and thought I maybe could smell gas (maybe) so I turned everything off and jumped on here.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried lighting a match in the airing cupboard to see if the house blows up and kills anyone, or you could call a CORGI engineer and do it the safe proper way.

yup i agree best way to test it is to light a match and see if theres any flames ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Don`t Tras co come out free for suspects leaks :?: Apart from Scotland..then they whinge @ the courts decisions :evil:

Have you tried lighting a match in the airing cupboard to see if the house blows up and kills anyone, or you could call a CORGI engineer and let him do it for you.

Of course its not at all relevant, but I always wonder what make and model of boiler is involved.

Tony

Tony, my apologies again. I just realised that your repetition of an earlier post was subtly altered to become rather funny. I didn't get it the first time.

It's always best to let the proffesionals blow you up so they can be nailed up to the wall and their bollloccks ripped off rather than the usual extortionate £250.00 fine for illegal gas work, not been registered, failure to hold relevant ACS certificates, no public liability, blah blah blah the diy or cowboys seem to get sentenced with, yes call a pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back