Boiler banging on firing up, smell of gas at flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll start by saying I have a plumber booked for Friday, I wont mess with gas.

This is just to get a general idea of what it could be.

When we turn our gas fired boiler on (ideal heat 12) it bangs loudly as it fires up - if your standing outside by the flue it sounds like a gunshot and there is a smell of gas for a while.

The boiler will then work fine until it shuts the heating off and fires up again, where it will bang again.

I have googled but found conflicting thoughts from kettling to the flame being too low etc, so I have booked a professional to come take a look, just wonder if the experts here could venture some opinions of what it is likely to be so I have a clue when he talks to me on the day!

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I have seen that ideal isn't great sadly, but it came with the house - house is 4 years old.

I got the boiler serviced last year, and told the plumber then, but he said he couldn't figure it out without a video, I have made sure I have one this time

Sponsored Links
Bent/knackered ignition electrode.

I wonder if that service included an FGA and inspecting the ign electrodes?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back