a bit of basic programming help

S

skuba

hi everyone

i've recently installed a cooper/scantronix i-on40. i currently only have 3 PIR's:
- entrance hall
- living room
- utility room

i would like to be able to fully set the alarm when we go to bed so any motion detected immediately triggers the siren/strobe. but when we go out, i would like to have the entrance hall setup on a timer so we can unset the alarm before it goes off (the other 2 PIR's in the living room and utility room should trigger straight away)

i'm having a hard time figuring out how to achieve this on the i-on40. i've setup 2 partitions (one for normal and one for bed time) which all the PIR's belong to, but i'm unsure how to configure the countdown timer on the entrance hall PIR for the normal partition??

any help appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to set the entrance hall zone as a Final Exit. Then program the Entry Time appropriately (30S?). Program your partitions so that A is All and B is Bedtime and make the Final Exit a Normal Alarm zone for the B setting. I assume that you have a second keypad upstairs or a radio fob which you will use to unset the alarm in the morning...

It would be a really good idea to fit door contacts and use these as the final exits. You can then program the entrance hall as an Entry Route for the A setting and a Final Exit for the B setting. This will remind you to unset the alarm when you come downstairs. I would also suggest that you set the B setting's alarm actions to Internal Sounders only, 'cos you don't need to wake the neighbours when you forget to unset the alarm when doing your secret lemonade drinking... :LOL:

thanks eightytwo

what i'm struggling with is the config of the zones. for example, if i want to set the entrance hall PIR to Final Exit for the daytime partition, how do i also set it to Normal Alarm for the night time partition? the zone options seem to be general across all partitions???

thanks again

Sponsored Links
It'll be in the Engineers manual...

If I remember correctly, you'll find the FE=FE/NA and ER=ER/FE programming in the Partitions section of the menu.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back