A bit of bondage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Hi All,
We have four basic situations:
Touching an energised circuit conductor.
Touching an un-earthed conductor that has itself come into contact with an energised circuit conductor.
Touching an earthed conductor whilst there is earth leakage current passing through the earthing system.
Touching an earthed conductor whilst there is earth fault current passing through the earthing system.

What would you have me call them?

live
live
live
oh and live..

I've had another email:

...Advanced copies of both of these books have been passed to...The IET (Institute of Engineering and Technology)
If anyone here is registered on the IET forum, please flag this book there - it would be interesting to see their reactions.

Also the IET itself might like to learn that the author is using their lack of response as indicating approval of the work.

The IET were sent a copy of this book . We told the Author that it was heavilly flawed and inaccurate when he asked for our opinion of it. We do not recomend this publication as a reference book and it should not be used as such.

I've had another email:

...Advanced copies of both of these books have been passed to...The IET (Institute of Engineering and Technology)
If anyone here is registered on the IET forum, please flag this book there - it would be interesting to see their reactions.

Also the IET itself might like to learn that the author is using their lack of response as indicating approval of the work.

The IET were sent a copy of this book . We told the Author that it was heavilly floored and inaccurate when he asked for our opinion of it. We do not recomend this publication as a reference book and it should not be used as such.

The IET said is was heavily floored did they, bit like a chequer plate steel floor.

Are you an IET official spokesman by any chance? or are you there official spel chequer?

Sponsored Links
I've had another email:

The IET were sent a copy of this book . We told the Author that it was heavilly floored and inaccurate when he asked for our opinion of it. We do not recomend this publication as a reference book and it should not be used as such.

The IET said is was heavily floored did they, bit like a chequer plate steel floor.

Are you an IET official spokesman by any chance? or are you there official spel chequer?

I'm not that interested in spelling and gramatical issues or similar on a forum. And as for the official spokesman, I'm in a position to make the statement above about the publication in question as we have had several conversations with its author . The post previous asked if the IET were aware that he was intimating that we were supporting his book in some way, this is very much not the case as I have already stated.

I'm not that interested in spelling and gramatical issues or similar on a forum.
Well, you should be if you want to be taken seriously.

May we therefore infer that you did it on purpose?

The really worrying aspect is that neither, it would seem, is the education system.

I hope there are no 'floors' in my post.

The IET were sent a copy of this book . We told the Author that it was heavily flawed and inaccurate when he asked for our opinion of it.
We do not recomend this publication as a reference book and it should not be used as such.
I am delighted to hear it. The NICEIC were also sent a copy... I don't think they bothered to read it! :D

PS: Do I get a prize for this long-runner?

I do hope so - my mission is to inform, educate and entertain! ;)

And still there's more:

Amazon can sell you his other book, too. This review may be available when it's been vetted:

This is how your review will appear:

Ouch! That hurts!, 25 April 2011

This review is from: An Illustrated Explanation of Automatic Disconnection of Supply (Paperback)

I don't even need to read this in order to review it. Let the Institution of Engineering and Technology have their say:

"The IET were sent a copy of this book . We told the Author that it was heavily flawed and inaccurate when he asked for our opinion of it. We do not recommend this publication as a reference book and it should not be used as such."

Mr Cockburn is either a wind-up merchant with a deep and unfathomable sense of humour, or else is a dangerously deluded fool.

I hope this review is of help in your decision [not] to purchase.

If it goes up I'll post a link.

"If anyone here is registered on the IET forum, please flag this book there - it would be interesting to see their reactions."

They have already responded to a thread by a contributor by a similar name.
and they are aware of his book.

As far as I am aware he has not claimed IET approval . yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back