A bit of bondage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
nice one dingbat. Are they your corrections? Maybe we all should print copies off, compile a list of errors and corrections. Send copies back to 'Dave the electrical expert' and perhaps trading standards aswell..

I've done some more digging.

This phrase is normally appended to long course certificates for courses in which no higher grade than Pass is awarded; that is, when they do not award Merit or Distinction grades.

In other words, it simply means he passed - it does NOT indicate that he did any better than just pass.

It seems Mr C is economical with the truth as well as the number of pages in his books - or that he doesn't really grasp the English language. :D

Sponsored Links
Yes, my few scribbled notes on the day I received it. I didn't have the chance to go through it thoroughly that day, but in five minutes I'd seen enough!

Can't see your notes, but hope you are pointing out the weird bits rather than making corrections. Mind, its such a load of old bollerx it would be impossible to make corrections. :LOL:

I've had another email:

...Advanced copies of both of these books have been passed to...The IET (Institute of Engineering and Technology)
If anyone here is registered on the IET forum, please flag this book there - it would be interesting to see their reactions.

Also the IET itself might like to learn that the author is using their lack of response as indicating approval of the work.

So did I, I'm sure someone reported on here they had been taken down.

That's very alarming.

dingbat - if you have the time it would be good to report Amazon to Bedford Trading Standards for selling items which are not of merchantable quality....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back