A bit of bondage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a plea to the regular, knowledgable folk here. Please don't correct this nutter any further, all you are doing is giving him your valued information for him to b'stardise it and re-gurgitate it for his own benefit. :confused: :( :eek:

I don't think he is that clever.

So, criticise away!

Sponsored Links
So, a plea to the regular, knowledgable folk here. Please don't correct this nutter any further, all you are doing is giving him your valued information for him to b'stardise it and re-gurgitate it for his own benefit. :confused: :( :eek:

I don't think he is that clever.
You are probably right. It just seems absurd that this chancer can get 'any old tat' published and is making money from it. I'd be appalled if collectively we gave him enough info for him to attempt another pamphlet.
So, criticise away!
What a charlatan, Quack, buffoon, loony, ignoramus, pretender, hawker, danger to the public.....

You are probably right. It just seems absurd that this chancer can get 'any old tat' published and is making money from it.

I don't think there are enough electricians who know they don't understand earthing and bonding to make up a significant market - see holmslaw, for instance - so I hardly see Davey-boy getting rich. :D

I can't see him ever getting back what he spent getting it published, even if he does sell a few copies.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

Is it the simplicity of electrical safety earthing that is annoying you so much?

Once upon a time heating systems were tubed in copper pipe, if the copper pipes are removed why don't you just replace the continuity that they provided with copper cables?

When you boil it all down, that's all that this is about.

Regards,

Dave.[/b]

Once upon a time heating systems were tubed in copper pipe, if the copper pipes are removed why don't you just replace the continuity that they provided with copper cables?

When you boil it all down, that's all that this is about.

So, you still think that bonding is to do with meeting disconnection times?

You utter cabbage!

Lets face it chaps. this fool has talked himself into beleiving he can write a book, he also see's himself as an authoritive figure on electrical principle and has invested alot (i haven't looked it up, but I cant see it being cheap) of cash into having a book published.

He wont admit he is wrong (which he is) and he wont let you tarnish his good name on Amazon as he needs to re-coup a small percentage of his outlay into publishing the damn thing.

Mr. Cockburn - just a quick direct question - Are ALL the electricians / people on here with imense electrical knowledge incorrect in what they say about your publication???? yes or no will initially suffice, you can expand after.

Thank you for your time.

Only 3 remaining now - hurry chaps they're selling like hot cakes !

"In seeking to protect the most vulnerable to 230V, we end up protecting ourselves from 400V" - WTF is that all about !!!

David Cockburn - Electrician..............OXYMORON !!

Hi Guys,

Heating and hot water systems, piped in copper, once cross bonded to the cold water and the gas, become one large extraneous-conductive-part. Once the continuity of copper pipes is removed, the radiators simply become lots of individual extraneous-conductive-parts.

Flexes have traditionally been considered to be the weakest and most vulnerable part of any electrical system (with good reason) and it is the flexes that electrical safety earthing is taking into consideration.

Employing supplementary equipotential bonding to connect extraneous-conductive-parts to earth, puts the electrician in complete control of the speed of automatic disconnection of supply.

!6mm or plasterdepth boxes can be used with care, if you have 1.0mm as opposed to 1.5mm lighting cable and the gentleman working in Dubai was presumably using a battery powered neon screwdriver.

The 17th Edition is described as a non-mandatory, minimum standard and it is legally disclaimed!
If you are willing to take the risk the responsibilty is yours.

If somebody wishes to demonstrate that the supply will be automatically disconnected whenever an un-earthed extraneous-conductive-part comes into contact with a live conductor, then I will be forced to change my opinion of the 16th Edition.
But if just one radiator becomes hazardous live and the supply does not disconnect, it proves that the 17th Edition is potentially lethal!

Therefore please feel free to arrange a demonstration, there is really no need for all these arguements.
Show me, don't tell me (as the song says).

One more thing; I heard that a young girl had already died having grabbed hold of a copper pipe fixed to the outside wall of her house! This was what prompted me to 'draw' the earthing principles set out in the 16th edition, along with having seen a misleading and irrelavent drawing repeated in two different guide books to the electricity at work regulations.

Regards,

Dave.

Employing supplementary equipotential bonding to connect extraneous-conductive-parts to earth, puts the electrician in complete control of the speed of automatic disconnection of supply.

Regards,

Dave.

WTF are you on man ?!
Supplementary equipotential bonding is there to limit the magnitude of touch voltages, not the duration of them !!!

Give up now !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back