A bit of bondage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Westie,
in common with a household flexible circuit conductor it is also too small to be gripped by the human hand

There must be something wrong with the flex in my house. I can quite easily grip it - tight enough so it cannot be slipped through my fingers.

Presumably I have a different sort of electricity...

Dan
Westie, in common with a household flexible circuit conductor it is also too small to be gripped by the human hand

I think that answer was to IJWS15 who introduced the concept of a metal pen

I tend not to use metal pens as if they fall out of a top pocket into some of our underground equipment you get to get a big flash & bang and need a new pen (whether the fault is phase to phase or phase to earth)

Sponsored Links
I'd love to meet cocky. He's got the best sense of humour I've read in ages.

I'll admit I was taken in for a while, but having read his recent fusing factor thread, I know it's a wind up.

I don't think for one second it's actually the cockburn that wrote the book on amazon.

What's the point in showing this guy where his theory falls down, he just changes his position.

As far as HIS definitions go a conductor is a conductor wherever or whatever it is. . . . . Unless, like my example of a metallic pen clip, he says it isn't.

They say never argue with fools so I won't - they drag you down to their own level.

Dear Sir who's name I have forgotten,
A pen in this case is a conductor that is true but it is not fixed or otherwise immovable, in common with a household flexible circuit conductor it is also too small to be gripped by the human hand (it can simply be pulled through or out of the fingers) therefore it is not reasonable forseeable that it will present any added danger if it were somehow to become hazardous live. Unlike a radiator, metal sink, bath or any other piece of isolated copper pipework.

So now YOU are adding qualifications to the documents you are quoting, are YOU qualified to do that?

Oh Dear???

was it you dave who chose the new phase colours ... whoops line colours??? :D

i think it might have been,,,

A pen in this case is a conductor that is true but it is not fixed or otherwise immovable, in common with a household flexible circuit conductor it is also too small to be gripped by the human hand (it can simply be pulled through or out of the fingers) therefore it is not reasonable forseeable that it will present any added danger if it were somehow to become hazardous live. Unlike a radiator, metal sink, bath or any other piece of isolated copper pipework.
What about a door handle or a coat hook?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back