A Council Meeting...

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
They are in government.

Who else would give billions in tax benefits to high earners with huge pensions

And promise a few pounds to struggling parents of small children, to arrive in a few years?

Can't see cutting journeys in Thetford will compensate the CO output from China,India,Russia,Brazil and the likes. We're being duped. Wait for the CBDC to come along, not only will you not be able to travel far, you will also be restricted on what you can spend.
A digital pound doesn't phase me, we're almost there post covid anyway. Only a few small business, often tax evading, want cash now. Even our window cleaner only takes online payments now. The only downside I can see is you cannot easily convert it, if at all, to physical cash. That said I would trust a physical euro over a digital pound the way the economy is crashing.

Blup

I don't completely disagree with you, however as we've discussed before in other threads, what do you replace it with? Whether talking about local council or national government, exactly what would be the point in trying to overthrow them? Society needs structure and it therefore needs a group of people to make decisions on what happens in that society. To try and implement something where everybody had a vote on anything of significance would lead to more challenges and delays. So, whether or not we like all the decisions they make (and trust me I don't) we therefore need 'leaders' to take a lead on all this stuff.
Andy wants a law passed whereby he can indiscriminately shoot migrants as they come ashore in dinghies. He's always going to struggle to find a council to suit his agenda.

Sponsored Links
I think anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically be barred from becoming one because only people who do not want to be one might be some good at being one.
Trouble is, all those types of people are far too busy making political posts on DIY forums.

Back