A Council Meeting...

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

In theory our local councils, and indeed the Government, are elected by us to implement what we want, although in reality it's all about what they want. Why do we stand for it? Why do so many of us roll over and say "I believe in the latest thing that they have just dreamed up"?

Covid, net zero, fake refugees, inflation and now "20 minute neighbourhoods". Here are some people at a council meeting, asking what part of the electorate did this idea come from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Councillors / councils

Jeez us wept

Dunno who ours are ? Bunch of fruit cakes and bell ***s ??!

In theory our local councils, and indeed the Government, are elected by us to implement what we want,

You're thinking of Delegates.

UK has a Representative Democracy.

HTH.

Sponsored Links
Used to work with a bloke called Tim who was the most hopeless, useless waste of space and quite odd. Before I knew it, he became a councillor. Suppose he found his vocation.
%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd1a362d6-8e30-46fb-a9f2-f5cd1730ee3c.jpg

I think anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically be barred from becoming one because only people who do not want to be one might be some good at being one.

There, sorted

Cant see the connection between a pie in the sky neighbourhood scheme and a conspiracy theory.

Real change on climate threat can only come from national governments world wide.
Blup

Real change on climate threat can only come from national governments world wide.
Can't see cutting journeys in Thetford will compensate the CO output from China,India,Russia,Brazil and the likes. We're being duped. Wait for the CBDC to come along, not only will you not be able to travel far, you will also be restricted on what you can spend.

How very parochial.
Thank you.

"The benefits of this approach are multiple: people become more active, improving their mental and physical health; traffic is reduced, and air quality improved; local shops and businesses thrive; and people see more of their neighbours, strengthening community bonds."

Can't see cutting journeys in Thetford will compensate the CO output from China,India,Russia,Brazil and the likes. We're being duped. Wait for the CBDC to come along, not only will you not be able to travel far, you will also be restricted on what you can spend.
You think a Tory will ever restrict consumer spending?
At Christmas we're all urged to go out and spend like Jack Tar on shore leave to "save the economy".

I don't completely disagree with you, however as we've discussed before in other threads, what do you replace it with? Whether talking about local council or national government, exactly what would be the point in trying to overthrow them? Society needs structure and it therefore needs a group of people to make decisions on what happens in that society. To try and implement something where everybody had a vote on anything of significance would lead to more challenges and delays. So, whether or not we like all the decisions they make (and trust me I don't) we therefore need 'leaders' to take a lead on all this stuff.

Sponsored Links
Back