A curious radiator in eco build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

This might be a challenge. I brought a flat a few months back which was the same as my old one (just a floor up).

Now the flat is 4 years old eco build (so there is only one boiler for all flats) and there a 3 small radiators.

When turning the heating on usually there is a control panel, you flick it up until the flames comes on and hey presto, hot water is released and you have heating. (this is my old flat)

But i turn this control panel on yesterday for the first time since moving in and the flame went on and nothing........ The thermostatic valves were off so i turn them on - great we got heat. After an hour i turn the heating off via the control panel and thought that was the end of it.

A few hours later i realized that the radiators were still on, checked the panel they were off?? so i used the valves and turned them manually off. This morning i didn't touch the panel but just turned the valve round and the radiators came on.

It seem the panel does absolutely nothing to control the actual inlet, and i cant go on turning the valves on and off to control the temp in my flat. Not sure who i should call or how to explain the fault. Understandably i'm confused :/

Please someone help!

Sponsored Links
I bought this thing. It doesn't do what I expected it to do.

So I did something, and it did something else.

So I stopped doing the thing to the thing and here we are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back