A customer, a EXPENSIVEwoodstain, a sleeper wall, a problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i am building a small sleeper wall and steps plus a natural stone patio area and a area for decorative stone.

So he decides to stain them with "Sikkens Cetol HLS Plus" as a undercoat and the result was pretty good as you can see:

Yes in the second image it was raining but it was weeks after he had put the "Sikkens Cetol HLS Plus" on when that picture was taken.

Anyway on Sunday evening as it has been really hot for several says he applied "Sikkens Cetol Filter 7 Plus".

And this morning i turned up onsite to lay the slabs and the wall did not look so great in some areas, but like a idiot i forgot to take a picture ( i will get some tomorrow).

But to describe it the top of the wall in the second image above looks the same colour as if it has had milk poured on it as it is white.

I wanna help this guy out but it is so not my area.

thanks.

ian.

Sponsored Links
Probably some kind of surface contamination as he left it so long between coats.

Probably some kind of surface contamination as he left it so long between coats.

Oh i took some pictures today.

And i have more info.

As you can see in the pictures in the places that water sits or where it gets wet the white vanishes, however when it dries it returns.

He is a really nice guy so any help you can give would be great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back