a few questions!!

Sponsored Links
sorry didnt see that last post of yours.

i dont do domestic stuff at work, just crimps for temporarily joining cables, just wanted to check and make sure they were ok to use in domestic wiring a a permenant connection.

i know its basic stuff but want to get it right. :rolleyes:

You need to reinstate every conductor as it ws before, but longer, so extend each and every single conductor using one thru' crimp for each individual conductor: old at one end and new at the other.

Then you'll have exactly what you had before, ie two lives, two neutrals & two cpc's except now they'll be long enough to reach the new positions.

Alternatively, as I suggested earlier, can you buy sockets with the terminals in similar positions? This will be less faffing than crimping and will save space too.

Sponsored Links
If you're at CEF, have a look at the self-binding insulated tape they have. It's red I think. I haven't tried them yet, but have a look anyway.

thats what i want. i cant change the sockets now cos the missus likes the polished chrome ones we have got now and it wil be more of a headache to convince her to change them for ones easier to wire than it ever would be to extend the cables!!!!

sparkyspike - i will do mate.

cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back