A new Megaflow and water pressure

As we have already told you you cannot pump mains powered equipment.

Have you checked the filters on the shower, if any ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes they have all been checked and cleaned. There was alot of crap in the thermostat filters as well as the shower head.

So everything was dimantled cleaned and put back together again.

Made a slight difference but nothing significant.

Was hoping there would have been some sort of pump or gadget out there to resolve the pressure problem. The funny thing is ground floor bathroom is really good.

I think that its pretty well established that you have a reasonable pressure from your hot and cold supplies.

So logic would say that if the supply prerssure is good then the fault will be in the outlet.

As you have found dirt in other outlets then there is likely to be dirt in the remaining ones with a poor flow rate.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Is there some sort of pressure machine which you can attach to the hot and cold supply to flush everything out. Similar to the central heating system were you attach the power flush.

Is there any filiters in the megaflow, or the pressure relief value, not the one on the megaflow but the big black thing, is there a filter in there.....

There is a filter in the inlet water controls but thats not blocked as it supplies some outlets.

Its something restricting the actual outlets affected.

A power flushing pump could be connected to reverse flush the taps. But mains water pressure could be easier used.

Not many professionals would do that unless as a last resort. Its normally a matter of dismantling and then looking for the blockage.

As you have already found a lot of dirt in your system thats likely to be the cause.

As this is AFTER the cylinder and its inlet filter, it sounds as if a lot of dirt was left in the pipework.

A true professional always flushes out the pipework before fitting any outlets and particularly those like showers with filters.

Not many professionals left now though. Not so many customers who will pay the higher costs of a good professional either. They mostly choose an East European whom is cheaper.

The Polish tell me that the best plumbers are still working in Poland and its only the less able who have to come to work over here.

Tony

Back-flushing is not much use here, it only pushes the muck away. It needs removing. You need to examine and clean filters on every outlet with poor flow.

Thats all been done. All the shower components were removed, shower head, module, thermostat etc and all filters cleaned.
Same thing on the shower below on the first floor.

The basins are fine on both floor, its just the showers. There was loads of crap like ptf tape, joining compound, grout etc which came out. Also the water was left running for about 10-15mins without the filters.

Will now have to back track all the 22mm pipe back to the megaflow to see where the problem lies.

Thought it might be easier by flushing the pipes with some sort of high pressure

Your right about the non-existent plumbers. The plumber I had, took on all the plumbing job on, then have way when it got too difficult done a runner.

The 2nd plumber said its his bread and butter...........look at the problems Im having know, they get to go home without a conscience, im the one left standing with all the dilemmas

The ports on the iboxes are very small, if youve had grout and allsorts coming out i dread to think where they could be blocked

Really nice showers, hope you get sorted

The ibox was taken apart and cleaned out properly.

I think its probably in the pipe work know :( which will need to be checked.

if the issue was in one of the bathrooms then could have resolved the issue but as it effects both bathrooms looks like the pipe work below before it Ts off.......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Was the flow rate from each of the pipes supplying each shower measured?

Tony

I will try doing that today. Problem is, as its a large shower head which doesnt come off quite easily, will be difficult to get the exact flow rate. I also have a pencil shower in their as well so can take the measurements from there

Also with the 1st floor bathroom can take the shower head off and do the same measurements there as well as the bath tap to see the difference.

Will let you know later today how I get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back