A pipe sticking out of floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pipe sticking out of the floor in my lounge and would like it removed. However, I am not sure about:
  1. What is was used for - I assume a radior was there
  2. How to remove it.
Here are a couple of photos.
IMG_20220313_212504.jpg

IMG_20220313_192340.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks John. That is very possible as it is on the side in front of the chimney breast. Any advice on where to look for a professional to do this? Checkatrade or similar?
Thanks,
Billy

You could always try the gas safe register website, you can search for engineers by location. Yep, definitely for gas, the fitting is a restrictor elbow.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris! I will check the gas safe register website.
Billy

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
One more thing, I am expecting an engineer tomorrow to cut the gas pipe and he is certified on the gas safe register website.
What kind of proof should I get from him, certifying that the works have been done by such a person?
Thanks,
Billy

He or she should be able to produce a card with a picture on it together with a Gas Safe registration number which can be cross checked on the website. He should leave his paperwork after completion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back