A poop-free, environmentally good, garden?

Thanks spongobongo
action-smiley-006.gif

I have seen small, (cat-like), ones on my rear garden. Not very often admittedly because, as has been said, they generally like to use dirt and cover it over. I have watched them do this at the bottom of my garden, under some conifers, where there is a border of dirt and I have no issue with them doing it there. It’s pretty much out of harms way.

All I know is that something is definitely making deposits right on the grass where kids can play or sit etc. I also don’t like it when I’m cutting the grass and some of it I haven’t seen gets caught up in the blades, and goodness knows where it ends up then. But you have to clean the underneath of the Flymo afterwards and the blades. It’s all very disgusting.

The salient part of your post for my neighbour, if he was here, would be “they dump in the lovely crumbly soil in my border and leave it uncovered.” He would be jumping up and down in agreement with you there! I’ve seen it myself, he’s shown me enough times and it's definitely cat poo but he also gets lots of dog muck on his lawn. I know it sounds like I'm making it out to be very bad where I am but that's because mine and his are the only two remaining front gardens/toilets.

Like I've said, my garden is about a foot high which makes it perfect for children to sit on, which I don't mind cuz they're nice, but I have known them put their hands back and you can guess the rest. It makes me so angry if I could find the owner I'd probably smear it in his stupid selfish face!
jumping-smiley-011.gif
He would doubtless then punch me but because I'm 6' 2" and 14.5 stone of muscle I'd rip his balls off and go to jail because suddenly I'm the bad guy.
iq.gif
Pah!

In a way it would be better if they never tried to cover it up because if I can see it then at least I’m not going to step or kneel in it. The worst time was when I found it on my hands after I picked up the grass cuttings for bagging. (I didn’t have gloves at the time and thought it wouldn’t matter).

But I digress, the worst problem for me is the small front garden. I have also found it on the hose pipe which I have to drag across the grass to reach my car. Like I say, I have given up now so I am just wondering what to replace the grass with. I like your solution best so far about using larger stones or shale.
grinning-smiley-003.gif
I would prefer to use some plants, either prickly or a scent they don't like but I don't know if there's such a thing.

I don’t blame the dogs, it’s like they say ‘there is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners’. As for cats, well they are free to roam. Dogs have owners, cats have servants...

Sponsored Links
I would clear the weeds and plant two or three ground covering roses. They are easy to grow and the thorns will deter the animals.

Sponsored Links
I would clear the weeds and plant two or three ground covering roses. They are easy to grow and the thorns will deter the animals.
Ah, thanks Elisa
grinning-smiley-003.gif
Hadn't considered that. Though maybe a whole border of them around the periphery...
devil-smiley-076.gif

I'm afraid I have no positive answer,I wish I had when it comes to cats, as I have an aviary and they are a constant pest....but I've always liked this one...

00002622-1.jpg

Some dogs must be roaming free - contact the dog warden and the irresponsible owner. No joy the police.
Cats -air rifle (joking) human urine does deter a little - I put some around to deter foxes- I have free range hens.
Sonic emitters only work for a while - they get used to it. Water pistol should deter if you spot 'em in the daytime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back